DVD DAYS ARE BACK!
If you want to make a difference in the life of someone in need please sign up today for one of our DVD's (Disaster Volunteer Days). We will supply the materials and leadership needed for your time to be successful in helping a survivor. Please register online.
We will be working in the disaster affected areas of Noble, Maysville and Elmore City. Please choose one or more of the date options below and regsiter online.
- July 29-30, 2016
- August 5-6, 2016
- August 12-13, 2016
Volunteers make Recovery possible.
URGENT help is needed for rebuild and repair teams. Work includes hanging insulation and sheetrock, laying flooring, installing cabinets, roofing... Volunteers of all skill level are needed. Experienced Project Managers will be onsite with tools and materials needed for each task.
1) Please register your team today online using DIRRT (Disaster Information Respond & Recover Tool)
2) If you want to be a Volunteer Site Coordinator to help visit work sites when volunteer teams are on location to help pick up and deliver materials to the work site, ensure teams have bottled water, and work in coordination with the Project Manager to meet any additional team needs please call 405-698-8610.
3) If you are an Individual Volunteer please call 405-802-0904 to join an existing team.
- March 31 - Tornado touches down in Tulsa.
- April 26 - Tornados touch down in Bixby, Blue Jacket, Braggs, Broken Arrow, Byng, Colcord, Cookson, Davis, Jones, Luther, Muldrow, Mustang, Oklahoma City, Spavinaw, Strange, Twin Oaks, Tulsa, Vinita, Wyandotte.
- April 29 - Tornados touch down in Cyril, Elgin, Fletcher, and Ninnekah.
- May 9 - Tornados touch down in Atoka, Bennington, Boswell, Bromide, Connerville, Davis, Elmore City, Fitzhugh, Katie, Norman, Roff, Stillwater, Sulphur, Wapanucka, and Wynnewood.
- June 12 - Flooding warrants state of emergency for Caddo, Carter, Comanche, Cotton, Garvin, Grady, McClain, Murray and Stephens counties.
- July 13 - Following tornadoes, flooding and straight-line winds a state of emergency is called for the counties of Adair, Beckham, Caddo, Canadian, Cherokee, Craig, Creek, Garfield, Grady, Grant, Haskell, Kay, Kingfisher, Latimer, LeFlore, Lincoln, Logan, Mayes, McCurtain, McIntosh, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okmulgee, Osage, Pawnee, Payne, Pittsburg, Pottawatomie, Pushmataha, Rogers, Sequoyah, Tulsa, Wagoner and Washington.
If you are interested in housing volunteer teams or handing out disaster kits to affected families please contact our Volunteer Management Coordinator.
Please make a DONATION to help all those in need.
Help Available - An SBA Disaster Loan Outreach Center will be open beginning Tuesday July 12 at the Comanche County Fairgrounds at 920 S. Sheridan Road in Lawton. Residents in Commanche, Caddo, Cotton, Grady, Kiowa, Stephens and Tillman counties are eligible for assistance.
If you are experiencing emotional distress related to a disaster help is availalbe. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration provides crisis counseling and support. This helpline will put you on the path to recovery. Call 800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746. You can find more information on their website.
Flood insurance is available to residential homeowners/renters and commercial owners/renters. Insurance subsidies and discounts are availalbe for communities with high flood protection standards. Apply online with the National Flood Insurance Program offered through FEMA.
If you are able to begin the clean up process in your home or business and would like to learn how please watch these very important videos from North Dakota State University BEFORE you begin cleanup. If you need a cleaning bucket please request one via email from OKUMC-DR.
If you are going to hire a contractor to assist with your recovery needs check them out with the Oklahoma Insurance Commission / 800-522-0071 anti-fraud division first. For information on how to avoid scams and fraud please read the OK Attorney General Tips or read the FEMA Fraud News Release.
Insurance information following a disaster can be obtained from the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
For water well safety and septic system inspections please contact Department of Environmental Quality "DEQ" Richard McDaniel at 405-388-3763.
Contact your local county Emergency Manager before, during or after a disaster.